ComedySportz High School League
The ComedySportz High School League is composed of teams of high school performers from various schools from the greater Indianapolis area. The teams receive training as individual teams as well as some training with all participating schools together. After training through the Fall Semester, teams will begin performing ComedySportz Matches in the Spring Semester.
Why improvisation? Why ComedySportz?
Improvisation teaches performance skills that are important in any performance setting: Listening, Observing, Being in the Moment, Thinking on Your Feet, and the Importance of Ensemble Performing.
ComedySportz is uniquely suited to train students in improvisation. Nationally, ComedySportz has been performing improvised “matches” and entertaining audiences since 1984. ComedySportz Indianapolis has been performing regularly since 1993, and the CSzIndianapolis Theatre (home of the Jonathan Byrd ComedySportz Arena) in downtown Indianapolis is Indiana’s only professional theatre dedicated to improvisation.
What’s the cost?
Enrollment in the ComedySportz High School League costs $500.00 per team. There is an additional surcharge of $10.00 per participant for the performance shirts in the Fall.
What does enrollment in the High School League get you?
- Over 20 hours of training for a team of six players (only four are required per performance).
- An orientation and training session for participating teacher/sponsors/managers.
- Two (2) ComedySportz High School League Shirts per participant (with options for Sponsor Lettering on the back).
- A copy of the current ComedySportz High School League Handbook.
- Performance time at the CSz Indianapolis Theatre, home of the Jonathan Byrd ComedySportz Arena downtown.
- Rights to limited ComedySportz High School League performances at participating schools (fundraising opportunity).
- Assistance in ComedySportz High School League performances held at schools.
Do you want to start a ComedySportz High School League team at your school?
Contact Eryn Bowser by email or call the office at (317) 951-8499.