A Summer Full of Laughs
Gain Confidence, build self-esteem, meet cool, interesting people, and have way too much fun!
Please Note: Our first Middle School Camp scheduled for the week of June 19th is sold out, but we still have spaces available in our additional Middle School Camp for the week of July 17th-21st, 2017.
In our CSz Education Improv Summer Camps, participants will laugh, have fun and learn some of the games played in our ComedySportz Matches. Through improv games and warm-ups they’ll focus on confidence, commitment, listening skills, working with others, acceptance, and being creative. This week-long Improv Experience will end with an hour-long performance that friends and family are invited to watch!
Improv Summer Camp is a one-week session, running Monday through Friday from 1pm – 5pm. All camp sessions are held at the CSz Indiana
polis Theatre (721 Massachusetts Ave) and are run by Artistic Director Ed Trout. Improv Summer Camp is for Students, whether they are experienced performers or just want to get their feet wet. Cost is $199.00 per student for the week.
High School League
The ComedySportz High School League is composed of teams of high school performers from various schools from the greater Indianapolis area. The teams receive training as individual teams as well as some training with all participating schools together. After training through the Fall Semester, teams will begin performing ComedySportz Matches in the Spring Semester.
Why improvisation? Why ComedySportz?
Improvisation teaches performance skills that are important in any performance setting: Listening, Observing, Being in the Moment, Thinking on Your Feet, and the Importance of Ensemble Performing.
ComedySportz is uniquely suited to train students in improvisation. Nationally, ComedySportz has been performing improvised “matches” and entertaining audiences since 1984. ComedySportz Indianapolis has been performing regularly since 1993, and the CSzIndianapolis Theatre (home of the Jonathan Byrd ComedySportz Arena) in downtown Indianapolis is Indiana’s only professional theatre dedicated to improvisation.
What’s the cost?
Enrollment in the ComedySportz High School League costs $500.00 per team. There is an additional surcharge of $10.00 per participant for the performance shirts in the Fall.
What does enrollment in the High School League get you?
- Over 20 hours of training for a team of six players (only four are required per performance).
- An orientation and training session for participating teacher/sponsors/managers.
- Two (2) ComedySportz High School League Shirts per participant (with options for Sponsor Lettering on the back).
- A copy of the current ComedySportz High School League Handbook.
- Performance time at the CSz Indianapolis Theatre, home of the Jonathan Byrd ComedySportz Arena downtown.
- Rights to limited ComedySportz High School League performances at participating schools (fundraising opportunity).
- Assistance in ComedySportz High School League performances held at schools.
Do you want to start a ComedySportz High School League team at your school?
Send Us Back to School!
ComedySportz® is the perfect show for grades K-12. We’re fast-paced, funny, interactive, and positive! We can entertain you, provide a workshop, or do a combination of both!
Our programs are designed for everyone to love because we never talk down to students, and it is always clean entertainment. Use our show as the highlight for any program aimed at anti-bullying, team work or appreciating people’s differences.
We strongly believe in the benefits of what we do, and we’re happy to share our personal stories with students about the values improvisation has taught us as individuals and a team. In fact, we often end our school shows with a question-and-answer session to share what we know about improvisation, acting and teamwork.
Why bring ComedySportz® to your school?
Why Bring Us To Your School?
- 100% kid-friendly, positive entertainment. It’s the kind of entertainment we approve of for our own kids.
- Interactive and fun. Everyone gets involved and laughs together.
- Improvisation teaches the importance of sharing, commitment, teamwork, listening, acceptance trust and friendship.
We also offer high school leagues at various high schools in the Indianapolis-Metro Area for students who want to be more involved in improv!
Call us at (317) 951-8499 to learn how CSz Indianapolis can be a positive, fun, learning experience for your next school event.